After so many years of reading about BB Creams and all the promises it has with the world to make most of the women crazy about it, I have decided to join the rage. First, what is BB Cream? BB cream stands for blemish balm, blemish base or beauty balm. An all-in-one cosmetic facial product that can be used as primer, foundation, sunblock or moisturizer. It can be worn alone or under the powder, depending on the coverage one needs.
There are actually lots of BB Cream products in the market, but I decided to try the one that is available in my local stores and the one that is not heavy for my pocket. So, I picked Maybelline New York Clear Smooth BB Cream. What is actually catchy in the eye is the “8-in-1 Skin Transformer” you can see below the product name.
To give you an idea of what this BB Cream has, here’s what it has in the label:
Clear Smooth BB Cream is a multi-benefit product that combines the benefits of skin care, make-up, and sun block cream. It contains 8 healthy minerals that moisturize and protect skin while giving flawless, natural coverage.
* MOISTURIZES – Oil-free formula keeps skin hydrated for 24 hours.
* BRIGHTENS – Reveals skin’s healthy glow.
* CLEARS – Reduces dark spots, redness, fine lines and wrinkles.
* REFINES – Reduces the appearance of pores.
* CONCEALS – Instantly hide flaws and imperfections.
* EVENS – Corrects uneven skin tone.
* SMOOTHENS – Makes skin smooth, soft, and supple.
* PROTECTS – SPF 26/PA+++ protects against harmful UVA and UVB rays.
Ready for Swatches?
Without Camera Flash!
With Camera Flash!
What’s good with this cream is that it is very easy to blend. It doesn’t dry that fast on your face unlike other creams. And guess what, it really smoothens your skin. You can not just see the difference with the skin that has BB Cream and the one that doesn’t have, you can also feel that the cream really smoothens the skin.
Left: With BB Cream. Right: No BB Cream.
With BB Cream!
The cream also lightens spots on your skin. Concealer as it is. As for me, I don’t need to put powder above the cream since the result after applying it on my face is as good as I wanted it to be.
What I LIKE:
* No fragrance.
* Affordable (Cost less than half of other BB Creams)
* Available on local beauty stores
* No breakouts
* No irritations
* Easy to blend
* Feels light on the skin
* Has SPF 26
* Smoothens your skin even after you have just applied
* Perfectly matches my complexion 😀
What I DO NOT LIKE:
* Doesn’t have oil control. It makes your face shiny even an hour after you applied the cream.
* Not good for flash photography.
Will I buy again? MAYBE! This one actually works well with my skin tone. Really! And I’m loving it. I actually don’t mind like a hundred percent if it shines after few hours after applying. Or maybe I should try Maybelline’s Shine Free BB Cream before trying other BB Cream brands 😀
Should I recommend this? Of course! For those who are pocket wise then this is a good product for you. This is one a decent product. But I guess, every BB Cream is a must-try!
Have you tried this BB Cream? Tell me your thoughts about it 🙂