Althea, the leading online store that caters most of our k-beauty needs, finally comes up with its own brand product. Starting off strong, they are introducing the Althea Petal Velvet Powder. According to Althea, this debuting beauty is made with micro-fine particles that minimize the appearance of pores and fine lines to reveal a flawless and petal-like complexion. Its translucent and perfecting qualities also create a satin finish that mattifies without dehydrating the skin. To be honest, I am not a loose powder user until this one. Ingredients: SILICA, MICA, VINYL DIMETHICONE/METHICONE SILSESQUIOXANE CROSSPOLYMER, DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, METHICONE, HIBISCUS SYRIACUS SEED EXTRACT, HYDROGENATED LECITHIN, 1,2-HEXANEDIOL, GLYCERYL CAPRYLATE, MALTODEXTRIN, FRAGRANCE
Types: All skin types
Application: Pick up product with a brush or puff provided and gently sweep onto the skin.
What I like:
- It’s lightweight and travel-wise.
- Made from natural ingredients.
- Just like its name, Althea, it smells like a fresh flower but is very gentle to those who have a sensitive nose.
- Its staying power is amazing. Mine lasted the entire day so I really didn’t have to reapply.
- It makes my skin looks bright and smooth.
- The powder is finely milled and is velvety.
- No breakouts, allergies or irritations.
- Doesn’t create unpleasant white cast especially during flash photography.
- It comes with a super soft puff. You can use a brush, though, depends on where you are comfortable.
What I don’t like:
- It’s only 3G, too small for an everyday use.
- It’s only available online.
Will I repurchase? Definitely, YES! I don’t wear makeup every day but using this powder to set my day cream and sunscreen is super amazing. It’s only 210 php, around $4. You just have to ditch the right amount of powder to use and it will go a long way. Highly recommend to those who love using loose powder.
Have you tried Althea Velvet Powder already? Let me know in the comments below.