The holidays are the deadliest, most stressful and most competitive season for shoppers, aside from Black Friday. Shoppers are at the mall from opening to closing hours and the huge seas of people all trying to beat the holiday rush is enough for most people to either just give gift certificates or cash as presents or better yet, just order from CatalogueSpot.co.uk. It can really be a tiring way to prepare for the holidays but there are tricks to make it easier for you. Consider this your handy guide for shopping made easy during the holidays — all curated from veteran shoppers.
- Shop early. This is the most often given but never heeded advice. But really, it pays to shop early. You can get better deals when it comes to stock quality, pricing, and sales. It is common practice for retailers to jack up their prices first before slashing them with a discount to count off a great deal during the holidays (when in fact you are just really buying an item at its regular price). You can also have the time to leisurely shop for ideas, compare deals and enjoy the season better.
- Don’t shop with kids in tow. If this is close to impossible, it is actually worth it to pay for babysitting services than to tag them along. You can get things done faster, save more money (since they might want to try you to get to buy something for them) and safer. Holiday shopping rush is dangerous for children — the throngs of people increases chances of your kids getting lost in the mall. Now in the event, you have to absolutely take them with you, orient them. Tell them what they need to do in case they get lost.
- Go bundle your tasks. When going shopping during holiday rush season, plan your outings. Traffic will be horrible, as expected. So go to places that can be walked to and fro if you are planning to buy from different establishments.
- Dress the part. And by this, we mean dress the part of a shopper on a mission. Wear the most comfortable shoes, have extra bags with you and as much as possible, just bring your cards in a small sling-type bag.
- Shop online, really. What better advice is this? You can easily shop for your gifts online – anytime, anywhere – even in your pajamas. You can expect to have it delivered the next day right at your front door. Most retailers extend their discounts online and even offer free shipping with a certain spending limit. There are catalogue websites that let you virtually shop for everyone on your list and even lets you open a credit line with them so you can pay on installment. They have a variety of items organized by category that allows you to tick off your list in no time. Call it your one-stop shop for Christmas gifts online!
Christmas shopping need not be stressful! Enjoy the season of giving!